Tyrannosaurus Tyrannosaurus

Nice! The backgrounds look purdy good! The heads of the dinosaurs look great. I got some tips and tricks... It kind of looks obvious when you cut corners, especially with textures on the rocks and bushes, you can kind of fix this by slightly adjusting colors and brightness, but i would try steering away from that. It would have been cool to have the bushes in a symbol in which they move, so you could set them to single frame as a standard on the timeline, and as the characters pass each one, set to Loop. so it appears as they brushed against the bushes.
the trees look really good, (i cant even tell how you made them). I really like the variety of color and texture on the trees. That being said, having a highly detailed background, and low level detail on characters, is conflicting and a bit distracting. I would suggest either adding some more texture to the characters, or maybe putting a slight blur to the background.
Darkening the back layer of trees would give a slight illusion of distance, rather than brightening.

anyways, i hope this was hopefully and not annoying. Keep it up brotha

~Eric Polley

KatolSteele responds:

Aha ha! thanks bro. This was a good critique. As always, I have room to improve and I will take all these into consideration. Thanks man

†MOURNING DARKNESS† Episode 0 †MOURNING DARKNESS† Episode 0

This was very interesting. The movement was much better than the trailer. well done!

Teenage Plain Ol' Regular Turtles Teenage Plain Ol' Regular Turtles

Fantastic, clean smooth animation, funny stuff!

-TRAILER- Mournig darkness -TRAILER- Mournig darkness

What program did you use here? The building pan movement was a bit odd, looked like a jpeg scrolling in place, almost like an N64 first person shooter. But the faces in the beginning were awesome!

Arcontenotturno responds:

This was one of my first attempts to use Anime Studio Pro. I perfectly know what you're talking about but after wasting 2 hours to make a 20 second teaser i decided to publish anyway XD If you watch the actual first episode you can already see a certain improvement about the "false" 3D (It looks like more ps one castlevania game rather than N64 shooter ). BTW thank you

The Pug The Pug

You have good timing. The lip sync is purdy dang good. You have all the building blocks to make something great, and you will get there if you keep at it!

miss mouse episode 2 miss mouse episode 2

This is a good animatic. I like the style. Nice line work and consistent portions, well done.
I can see you tried to render a color 0% opacity chroma key, to crop out your characters without photoshop. I suggest looking up tips on what to do there, maybe adjust the brightness on your scanner?

Either way, keep up the good work!

"15 seconds to live" April '07 RubberOnionBattle "15 seconds to live" April '07 RubberOnionBattle

Haha! Great idea, turned out purdy damn good

Another Man's Treasure Another Man's Treasure

The timing is great! i love it

POP TARTS: Extended Cut POP TARTS: Extended Cut

I love it, well done!

Stumps Field- Pilot Episode Stumps Field- Pilot Episode

Not bad, I like the humor. good jokes. My suggestion would be to add some real sound effects, I get some from freesound.org , you can also get some sound effects and music from freepd.com .
Also, the eyes not moving is distracting in a weird way. Facial movement during dialog will draw the eye to the character, so the viewer will not be distracted by other movement on the screen. This goes the same if you add a tongue for "L" syllables, and scrunch the bottom lip for "F" syllables. In this style you could maybe bend the bottom jaw to do that.
The space ship is awesome, good work there. and keep it up, i liked it.
hope i was of some help.

outerflesh responds:

Hey thanks Eric. Its good feedback. Ill have to take that into consideration. It is kind of awkward how the eyes never blink. I made them to appear to be puppets. I also made the cartoon VERY tame, as it is the pilot episode. Its going to get pretty narly soon. Thanks for watching man.